Executive Assistant (105494)
Boston, MA | Temporary
Type: Contract (6 months)
Our client is looking for an Executive Assistant for a 6 month contract role who will work with the Therapeutics and Infectious Disease Epidemiology group within the Department of Population Medicine. The group manages large, complex, national, multi-institutional research initiatives. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing organizational, administrative, and clerical support for several faculty and key team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee faculty members’ calendars by managing and prioritizing complex schedules comprised of varied and frequently shifting commitments.
- Maintain faculty members’ expense reports and reimbursement tracking as well as their biosketches, CVs and other support documentation.
- Provide general support, as needed, including coordinating travel arrangements.
- Onboarding and off-boarding support
- Assist in onboarding new employees by familiarizing new hires with department-specific procedures, technology, trainings, etc.
- Ensure that proper procedures are taken around individuals separating from the group, including updating the department website, handbook and floor plan, as well as monitoring software licenses.
- Arrange and coordinate special departmental meetings, as requested (logistics may include reserving conference room space, ensuring room set-up, preparing and distributing applicable meeting materials, etc.).
- Assist with planning and implementation of team-building events (i.E., catering, coordinating with local businesses, submitting purchase orders/invoices, etc.).
- Create and distribute monthly newsletter and other mass email communications.
- Partner with the Operations Specialist to identify procedures to be streamlined for greater efficiency.
- Maintain staff handbook, organizational chart, floor plan, resource folder, and webpage.
- Assist with grant/proposal application process, including preparation of budgets, biosketches, and other essential paperwork.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Proficiency with various software packages, including Adobe, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point, and other desktop tools.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience; office management experience is desired.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Conscientious and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills; solid written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and operate under tight deadlines.
- Motivated and flexible, able to work independently.