Customer Service Reps - Central MA
Attleboro, MA | Temporary
Job Type: Temporary/Contract (6 months)
Location: Central Region
We are seeking temporary Customer Service Representatives for Attleboro, Milford, Lowell, Leominster, Natick, Watertown, and Worcester. In this role you will provide face-to-face customer service to the general public regarding the issuance of licenses, ID cards, registrations, etc.
Candidates will have a home-base but may be expected to work at other service centers within a region.
- Interacts with customers to respond to inquiries and complaints.
- Issues licenses, identification cards, and registrations.
- Communicates with internal and external contacts through a variety of means such as telephone, mail, e-mail, fax or in-person.
- Uses computer terminals, vision instruments, automatic testing devices and other equipment.
- Administers vision tests by agency policy.
- Operate computer equipment to create, retrieve, review, change or update driver/vehicle/business information.
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality and security of information.
- Reviews reports for compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Collects fees (cash and checks) and performs credit card transactions.
- Reconciles receipts with revenue control documents.
- Operates computer terminals and photo imaging software.
- Prepares forms and other documents related to licenses, registrations, identification cards and receipts for titles.
- Amends title and registration records.
- Maintains filing systems.
- Reviews customer documents in support of transactions for accuracy and veracity.
- Researches additional information from third parties (other states, state agencies, etc.) to complete transactions.
- Assists customers with problem resolution.
- Provides information to the public regarding guidelines, requirements and procedures in-person and on the phone.
- Greets customers, determines customer’ s purpose, assesses readiness, and directs them to the appropriate line.
- Directs customers to Kiosks and other automated services where appropriate.
- Assesses that customers have the correct forms/applications, supporting documents, and acceptable payment.
- Returns improper or incomplete forms or documents to the applicant explaining reasons for rejection and steps necessary to complete forms/applications.
- Provides checklists and assistance in completing forms/applications.
Applicants must have at least (A) one year of full-time or equivalent part-time, experience in a position, the major duties of which included, cash handling and working directly with clients or customers; or experience providing information to clients, customers or the general public on services, procedures and requirements, which included entering or retrieving data using computer systems.
Applicants must agree to and successfully pass a background check of criminal justice information and satisfactory review of driving record to be eligible for this position.
A Bachelor' s degree may be substituted for the required experience.
• Must have reliable means of transportation as location for work varies across the region by day.
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants must agree to and successfully satisfy: (i) a comprehensive name-based and fingerprint-based background check of his/her state and federal criminal history records information from all U.S. States, the District of Columbia and certain U.S. Territories and from some foreign nations; (ii) an employment reference check, and (iii) a satisfactory review of his/her driving records to be eligible for this position.