Administrative / Executive Assistant
Boston, MA | Temporary
Our client in Boston is seeking an Administrative/Executive Assistant who will work with the Therapeutics and Infectious Disease Epidemiology group within the Department of Population Medicine. The group manages large, complex, national, multi-institutional research initiatives. The Administrative Specialist/Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing organizational, administrative, and clerical support for several faculty and key team members. Role has temp to perm potential. Ideally, they are looking for someone who wants to be in this role long term.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee faculty members’ calendars by managing and prioritizing complex schedules comprised of varied and frequently shifting commitments.
- Maintain faculty members’ expense reports and reimbursement tracking as well as their biosketches, CVs and other support documentation.
- Provide general support, as needed, including coordinating travel arrangements.
- Assist in on-boarding new employees by familiarizing new hires with department-specific procedures, technology, trainings, etc.
- Ensure that proper procedures are taken around individuals separating from the group, including updating the department website, handbook and floor plan, as well as monitoring software licenses.
- Arrange and coordinate special departmental meetings, as requested (logistics may include reserving conference room space, ensuring room set-up, preparing and distributing applicable meeting materials, etc.).
- Assist with planning and implementation of team-building events (i.E., catering, coordinating with local businesses, submitting purchase orders/invoices, etc.).
- Create and distribute monthly newsletter and other mass email communications.
- Partner with the Operations Specialist to identify procedures to be streamlined for greater efficiency.
- Maintain staff handbook, organizational chart, floor plan, resource folder, and webpage.
- Assist with grant/proposal application process, including preparation of budgets, biosketches, and other essential paperwork.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Proficiency with various software packages, including Adobe, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point, and other desktop tools.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience; office management experience is desired.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.